Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holidays Part 1 (Phuket)

I owe you guys and the blog an update. So, here it is. I'll tell you about my 2 months holiday which is about to end..To start off with my trip to Phuket=)

Well, it was fun and very eye-opening with the "lady-man" (man who becomes women..this is what they are called in Phuket), Loi Kratong festival (water festival), tan beach boys, motorcycle taxis, the weird food, thai massage, elephant ride, the bargaining during shopping, pole dancing and agogo clubs along the streets. Haha...yes yes a lot of things happened during that trip. The first thing we (my parents and I) did when we reached was the elephant ride. I got the huge mummy elephant that was so tall. I was so scared when I sat on it till my hands sweat and the Thai guy who sat on the elephant's head was so mean, he uses a rod with a sharp hook to pierce the elephant's ear to make it obey. I didn't get my elephant's name though, sadly but I did get pictures. :P

The next day we went looking for the right massage parlour to go to. I said 'right massage parlour' because the massage ladies are kinda scary, pulling any guys who walk past, into their shop and I really wonder what happens to the poor guys once they're inside. Finally we found an inexpensive and well, I can say genuine massage shop. Haha...it was good, really good though I couldn't stop giggling the whole time. It's a waste if you go to someplace and do not try their specialities.

After 2 days of rain, there was finally sunshine. We headed to the beach to get some sun tan. The beach there was really nice, soft sand, sunny, friendly beach boys and a spot to cuci mata. Hehe...yes, further down was the gay beach. Not the 'happy' beach but a beach where you can see guys hugging each other. I didn't go for the water sports this time round as I intended to just enjoy the beautiful horizon and allow the breeze to lullaby me to sleep. My oh my...how the mat sallehs rub oil all over their bodies to get themselves burnt....positioning their bodies in odd manners just to get the sun. How lucky we are that we can have the sun everyday!!

During the night however, we walked the streets and managed to catch a "lady-man" fashion show. Oh gosh, you can't even tell if they are a man or a lady. Yeah, they're that pretty. Oh, talking bout "lady-man", I got whacked on the arm by 1 of them and she asked if I wanna have a pic with her. You see, I was taking pictures and accidentally caught 'her' in it and 'she' earns her salary by taking pictures with people. But oh well, I said no and ran for my life...haha! While strolling the streets, I saw street dance and arrays of weird food being sold...it was because the next day was the water festivel-Lai Krathong, a festival where beautiful flower floats lighted with candles are released into the sea...symbolic of sending away bad omen. Something like that...

That's my experince in Phuket...many 1st....frightening but eye-opening.
In Phuket, one must always remember...."We are in the world but not of the world...."
Haha!! Here are some pictures...



Elephant ride....interesting

"Lady-man" who whacked me...really painful her force was of a man...
"Lady-man" fashion show...

No comments: